It has once again been been a busy summer for the St Helens Marine Rescue Association. Our radio logs show that during this period we:
- logged 3,012 radio transmissions on VHF
- logged 262 radio transmissions on UHF Channel 94
- provided assistance and tracking to a total of 793 vessels, carrying a total of 2,245 persons
Our rescue boat activities comprised
- thirty-five (35) escorts over the barway
- eight (8) assists and/or tows of vessels
- assisting with three (3) police call-outs, and
- assisting the Tasmanian Police with one (1) rescue.
In total, we helped 47 vessels into the safety of St Helens/Georges Bay, carrying 121 persons. The value of the vessels assisted to safety is estimated at over $10 million.