On Friday the 28th of October senior broker and director of Finance Brokers of Tasmania (FBT) Lance Cure presented St Helens Marine Rescue with sponsorship for the upcoming boating season. After the presentation Lance was given a familiarisation tour of our facilities. He was very impressed by what he saw and remarked how important volunteer marine rescue was for the safety of mariners. FBT’s generosity will be put to good use as St Helens Marine Rescue operates in a new world paradigm of marine rescue services requiring the latest and most stringent regulations of the National System of Commercial Vessels (NSCV) under the control of the Australian Maritime Surveillance Authority (AMSA). The sponsorship is most gratefully accepted as we continue the modernisation and update our services. We are embarking on:
· An improved VHF radio tower that will give our radio operators greater coastal coverage;
· Replacement of the St Helens Barway camera destroyed in the June storms;
· A new tow vehicle capable of towing our rescue vessel Georges Bay, currently members vehicles perform this task;
· Replacement of emergency equipment such as EPIRB’s;
· Base station extension to house our rescue vessels and equipment.
On behalf of St Helens Marine Rescue we appreciate the generosity of sponsors and welcome Finance Brokers of Tasmania as a valued sponsor. FBT are brokers specialising in finance for: Homes, Businesses, Machinery & Equipment, Vehicles & Investment Properties.